TRAVEL COACH TRAINING
- OYSAN U10/12 Youth Module: All volunteer travel coaches must complete the OYSAN U10/12 Youth Module to obtain a U10/12 License, within 12 months of initial coaching experience. This involves 14 hours of instruction, usually over 2 days, courses available throughout Northern Ohio. See listings.
- Concussion Certification: To comply with Ohio's Return to Play Law, all coaches must complete Concussion Training every 3 years. Coaches are responsible for keeping their certificates current within the 3 year window. Coaches should keep their certificate in their team bag, as they are required for tournament play, and referees may ask to see it. Complete or renew your concussion certificate.
Sideline Sports Doc: All coaches and staff members registering with US Club Soccer (Ohio Travel Soccer League) must complete the Sideline Sports Doc online course each time a background check is required (approximately every two years). The confirmation number you receive upon course completion must be entered into the background screening application in order to proceed. Take the course.
Background Checks: All coaches will complete background checks as required by their leagues:
- Challenge, U8 4v4, OYSAN State League and MRL Coaches complete your background check HERE. Request a promo code to waive the $5 charge.
- Travel Coaches complete your background check HERE.
Please download and review SYSA-PFC's expectations of all Coaches from the bottom of the page.
- Competitive Coaches (aka Travel & PFC)
- Challenge Coaches (aka Recreational)
Have a look at the various lesson plans, small sided games, and skills circuits that you can incorporate into your practices. Files can either be downloaded from the bottom of the page, or downloaded directly from a link.
From Soccer America's "Soccer Insider"