• To provide developmentally appropriate soccer programs.
• To teach the game of soccer as a component of developing well rounded children.
• To develop children to the best of their ability, and foster a lifelong enjoyment of the game of soccer.
achieve its Mission through a three-tiered, structure comprised of Recreation
(SYSA Challenge), Travel (SYSA Travel) and Premier (SYSA PFC) Programs, which
will provide development opportunities for Shaker residents and non-residents. The
three-tiered structure supports all players, by providing a supportive and
rewarding environment that emphasizes fun and skill learning, at a level that
fits his/her interest and ability.
Philosophy & Priorities
- Developing Soccer Technique and Insight in our
- Encouraging our players to embrace Competition
- Promoting successful Group Dynamics in
pursuit of a common goal
- Teaching our players to value Sportsmanship
- Promoting Individual and Social Development
- Building strength of Character in our players
- Winning as an intended outcome of the above
WE TEACH OUR PLAYERS TO VALUE:
of a game
challenge of getting outside of one’s comfort zone
Confidence and Courage
Fitness and Camaraderie
HAS 3 LEVELS OF PARTICIPATION
- Challenge, K-1 & Mini
Kickers- pre-school to 6th grade, Volunteer Coaches under the direction of Assistant Director of Coaching
- Competitive with a Volunteer Coach U8-U14
- Competitive with a Professional Coach U11-U18 - top teams in each age group
EXPECTATIONS & IDEALS AT EACH LEVEL
Outdoor Practice length and frequency
- Challenge 1st-4th grade teams: 1x60 minute
practice and 1 game on weekends
- Challenge 5th-6th grade teams: 1x75 minute practice and 1 game on weekends
- Foot-skills all ages once a week optional but encouraged
- Competitive U8-U11 teams 2x75
minute practices and 1 game on weekends
- Competitive U12-U14 teams 2x90 minutes practices and 1 game
- Pro-Clinics all ages, once a week & optional, additional cost $50/season
- Goal Keeper Clinics all ages, once a week & optional, additional cost $50/season
Indoor Practice length and frequency
- Ideally two 8 week sessions and a minimum of one session
- One team
- Foot-skills once a week optional
- Goalkeeper clinic once a week optional
- Competitive teams should aim to participate in a Fall and Spring tournament. Tournament costs are additional to registration fees.
- Teams may not
attend tournaments that conflict with team practice or game days. Synchronizing
tournament weekends, club-wide, is crucial to staying within the guidelines of
our regular season practice and game objectives for the players.