We rely on nearly 200 volunteers to ensure that our soccer programs are run smoothly and efficiently. Please consider volunteering for one of these roles:
This position will report to the Club Administrator. The field equipment manager plays a vital role to ensure a strong relationship with the local Cities and Schools and to provide an optimal player experience by helping to provide an organized, safe and fair place to play soccer. The primary responsibilities of the field and field equipment manager are:
1. Survey the outdoor fields in the middle of the months of September, October, April, and May and correct goal issues such as bag, clip, and/or net replacement. The administrator will provide the fields to survey.
2. Order the necessary supplies to complete repairs, which will be reimbursed by Shaker Youth Soccer Association. Repairs above $100 should be pre-approved by either the Treasurer or President.
3. Keep and update a field equipment checklist with comments commentary on notable issues with goals.
4. Middle School Protocol: In the Spring, move the designated goals [7v7] on Saturday morning to the appropriate place on the endline after baseball ends at 1pm and return the goals to the designated fenced area on Sunday after the weekend’s games are complete.
5. At the end of the fall season (early November), remove the nets on the 7v7 and 9v9 portable goals for winter storage. For 7v7 and 9v9 goals: move goals to a remote location on the field (work with the city to determine placement - against a fence for example away from the street), face the goals toward one another and lock the goals for the winter. For 4v4 goals, move the goals to The Force Northfield for winter use. In the second half of March, return the goals from The Force to their respective fields. Re-install the 7v7 and 9v9 goal nets and move the goals to appropriate placement for spring play.
6. The Field Equipment Manager should be familiar with and goal safety regulations. https://www.cpsc.gov/safety-education/safety-guides/sports-fitness-and-recreation/guidelines-movable-soccer-goals. Any unsafe goals should be immediately reported to the president, administrator and DOC.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for SYSA.